Zombie? Whose feAr??
I've made a mini-tutorial to show you how I chopped Mandy Moore into a Zombie a while ago. Here are details step to make a zombie effect like that!
  • Skulls and bones
After I found myself a suitable source pic (1), I first used Hue/Saturation, to decrease the overall saturation and make the colours greener, and did this especially near the lips (2). For the head, I looked for a picture of a skull which was taken from roughly the same angle (3), and used a layer mask to make it seem as if her eye had been taken out (4).


  • Adding details
In the neck area (1), I used source pictures of a leg with spider veins (2), a mummy and a war victim (3). Source pictures which are usable for such a contest aren't always pleasant to look at... I experimented a lot with different blend modes, till it looked right. I finally decided the features of her body wheren't clear enough, so I did some masking adjustments to bring them back (4).


  • Dirty Laundry
The clothes (1) were soiled with a soft brush in red and greenish black colours, while using the overlay layer mode (2).


  • Finished
Finally it was time for some more detailed work. I took the image from (1) to (2) by, among other things:
- drawing little zits and such
- using hue/saturation very selectively to tone down the saturation and make some skin extremely green
- desaturating the hair completely
- using overlay, soft light and color burn layers and soft red and black brushes to add more shadow and bloody parts
Hope this helps you a bit. Be creative and have fun! :D



0 Responses
  • Click Here, too...!!

    fOLLOw me, 2 gEt mOre DoLLar!!